It’s time to choose a good research problem for your study. You may have found a theme that interests you and you are already thinking of resolving the concrete problems that arise in it. If you still don’t know which field you like best, I suggest you carefully read the previous article in this series: Find the topic of your scientific research once and for all, which will allow you to quickly identify the most relevant topics and sub-themes for you when conducting a scientific investigation. In this article, you will learn to produce research problems and questions and filter them based on several factors to choose questions that will lay the foundation of good scientific work.
Choosing a research topic or problem
Choose the theme.
This is the first step. It is very important because the success and value of the work to be done depends to a great extent on it. In that case, how to proceed?
We suggest several paths to follow.
– Examine personal experiences. For example, if the monograph is about pastoral, we may be interested in knowing how to advise marriages with problems. If it were in the field of teaching practice, we would be interested to find out why the teaching practice is defined in such a way, which theories have worked with this topic.
– Find out what topics have been recently investigated about the assigned field. For this we can resort to specialized magazines on the mission or on teaching work.
– Think about the needs of the teaching practice. What are the current problems that affect it? On what topics is there a marked deficit in terms of knowledge?
– Discuss with teachers or specialists in the field to investigate: teaching practice, among others.
To choose the theme, we must take into account several factors: the personal and general interest in it, the usefulness of the work to be done and the sources of information that are at our disposal. It is not advisable that we embark on an investigation for which we do not have sources of information or for which we do not find sufficient bibliography.
Produce problems and research questions
First of all, I want to briefly remember what we did in the previous article in this series: Find the topic of your scientific research once and for all. I think what I haven’t read can have problems understanding what we do and why we do it. Today’s post is a very important entry for anyone who wants to start a research project but doesn’t know how to deal with the first obstacle. I don’t want to make articles without legs or heads, in short, we remember:
– You find out what process to produce the right questions for your research.
– You know the importance of not being afraid to make mistakes and you end up with a fear that attacks you when you take the first step in the world of scientific research.
– You learn that desire is the most important factor in doing good scientific work.
– You find your passions by analyzing hobbies and interests.
– You explore your vital desires expressed in the previous points of your research area framework.
– You begin to make a store of ideas to become more creative scientists.
– You find various subtopics of research that might be based on your tendencies and knowledge.
In the last point of the previous article, we have produced a subtopic where it might be interesting to learn from the perspective of your research area. In my case, I like neuroscience and technology (among others). Combining these two big fields we can find subtopics such as cognitive neuroscience computing, cognitive modeling, artificial intelligence … Now, they are a very broad field and you need to limit your interest and ability to solve problems in a very specific niche.
How can you find an appropriate need to be resolved or investigated? Unfortunately there is no concrete method; 90% of your results depend on your ability to observe and creativity. The best I can offer you to overcome this resistance are some tricks that will allow you to speed up the process. Choosing a research problem basically must be done carefully and with several considerations. This is the same as when we are faced with a situation where we have to choose between the longines master collection or rolex collection. Hopefully this article is usefu