India is rightly described as the ‘land of festivals’ because there are various festivals celebrated all over India. People belonging to different castes and communities live together in our country. These people celebrate several festivals with great pomp and excitement.
There is a reason behind the celebration of every festival. Whatever the reason might be, it is a great time to have fun. All the people gather together during the period of festivals. Diwali, Holi, Christmas, Gokulasthami, Navratri, Makarsankranti, Eid are some of the festivals that we celebrate in India. But, along with these, there are many other festivities that people celebrate across our nation.
Apart from giving unlimited joy and happiness, festivals give us some valuable teachings in life.
◆ What do festivals teach us?
● Festivals teach us the power of unity. It is due to festivals that people forget their fights and come together for celebrations. People irrespective of their caste, creed or religion participate in different kinds of festivals and respect their religious sentiments. These festivals help to spread love, care and understanding among people.
● We learn from various festivals about the rich cultural heritage of our country. We get to know about the various traditions followed in our families since generations. Through festivals, we learn to believe in god and we get a chance to express our thanks towards god.
● Festivals create an environment of happiness around us. People get a break from their boring and busy routine and enjoy to the fullest during festivals. It helps them to forget their sorrows and pains. Festivals are also a great stress buster, as they create a positive atmosphere.
● We learn from our national festivals about the struggles of our freedom fighters and their sacrifices. These festivals motivate us to work for the betterment of our nation. They teach us to love our country and boost our feeling of patriotism. They help to bring together all the citizens of our country.
● We learn from the festivals about some good human values. They teach us to not give up easily and keep the hope alive as good always wins over evil, to not discriminate amongst people on the basis of certain factors and to help the needy and poor people.
● We learn from the seasonal festivals to love nature and to express our gratitude towards it. Mother nature has always been very generous in fulfilling all our necessities. By celebrating seasonal festivals, we get a chance to acknowledge nature.
● Festivals also help to improve the economy of our country. This is because people do shopping for various items for the celebration of festivals. This increase in the demand for different goods contributes to the GDP of our country.
We can thus see, that festivals
play a great role in our life. Festivals are a great way to relax your mind and free your mind from tensions. Hence, we shall always take out some time for the celebration of each and every festival. By doing this, we get an opportunity to become joyful from within, interact with others, learn something new and spread happiness around.