Sikkim wan an independent kingdom ruled by Namgyal. Namgyal dynasty was founded by Phuntsog Namgyal in 1642. Over the years kingdom witnesses several raids and provincial losses. In 1700, the Sikkim was attacked by the Bhutanese. Between 1717 and 1733, the kingdom faced many attacks by Nepalese and Bhutanese lead to the destruction of the capital Rabdentse.In the 19th century, Sikkim become a British Protectorate. On 16 may 1975 Sikkim become the 22nd state of the Indian union.
Sikkim capital is Gangtok. Almost 35% of the state land is covered by Khangchendzonga National Park. Sikkim is the least populous state among all the Indian states. Sikkim is unforgettable for its biodiversity and as being the host to the second-highest mountain in the world Kangchenjunga.
Sikkim’s economy is largely dependent on agriculture and tourism. Sikkim accounts for the second-highest spices producers. Sikkim is the Home Of Ancient Buddhist Monasteries. Weather is pleasant in almost all part of Sikkim throughout the year and that makes it the one of favourite holidays destination. Sikkim attraction its waterfalls, virgin forest, alpine meadows make Sikkim be in the bucket list of traveller. Sikkim surrounds the most astonishing pristine natural beauty of the Himalayas which has to explore. You will find a unique essence of nature in Sikkim.
These places in Sikkim are known for their magnificence and natural beauty.
- Gangtok-Gangtok is the capital of Sikkim and it is the most visited place in Sikkim. Gangtok is surrounded by natural attraction Tsomgo Lake, Ban Jhakri falls, Kyongnsola Waterfall and many more. Gangtok is also famous for its arrangement in trekking and hiking. Gangtok is a must-visit place in Sikkim.
2. Pelling– Pelling is a must-visit place in the west district of Sikkim, the main attraction of the place is the incredible sight of the Khangchendzonga and the neighbouring peaks.Rich in heritage and culture and two old Buddhist monasteries. Pelling is one of the best-chosen tourist places in Sikkim. More than that, Pelling is the place where all the astonishing tourist spots of West Sikkim can be visited. City blesses you with breathing view from singshore bridge and city has the largest fall in the city and there are many more amazing places to visit Sewaro Rock Garden, Sewaro Rock Garden and many more.
3. Yuksom-Yuksom is a beautiful town located in the western region of Sikkim. Yuksom has historical importance to the Sikkimese with the first Chogyal crowned here. The Khecheopalri Lake considered holy by the Sikkimese is another tourist attraction of the place. Dubdi Monastery, Kathok Wodsalin monastery, Norbugang Park are some of the historic and charming places to visit Yuksom.
4.Lachen -Lachen is situated in the northern part of Sikkim and it is the least populated and reason being a natural beauty here is preserved. The serene vegetation is worth praising. The major attraction of these place is Chopta Valley, Green Lake, Cho-Lamu, Gurudongmar Lake and Shinghba Rhododendron Sanctuary.
There are many more amazing places to visit in Sikkim including Lachung ,Changu lake ,Naathula pass ,Teesta river and many more .
These are some of the interesting facts about Sikkim
1. Sikkim is a nation turned state.
2. Sikkim has eleven official languages.
3. Sikkim has the third-highest literacy rate in India.
4. Sikkim has 28 mountain peaks and more than 80 glaciers.
5.Every year International Flower Festival is held in Sikkim.
6. The red panda is a state animal of Sikkim.
7. Sikkim has over 552 different species of birds and 690 species of butterflies.
8. It is the third-smallest GDP among all the state of India.
9. Sikkim has 227 altitudes lakes ,five major hot springs and more than 100 river and stream.
10. Sikkim has 619,000 inhabitants.
Please let me know your thoughts in the comment below and have a wonderful day.