You might have already said ” keeps the doctor away” in your mind as you read the topic.
An Apple is very nutritious but also there are so many facts that make it more interesting.
- Apples when kept with other fruits can help in ripening them as apples give our ethylene gas that accelerates ripening.
- Apple is the official fruit of six states. They are New York, Minnesota, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia and Illinois.
- There are more than 7000 varieties of apples in the world. Most apples in the world are cultivated by China. More than 2500 varieties are grown in US.
- Apples have 25% air in it which makes it possible for it to float on water.
- Apple can be a substitute for toothpaste as it has acid that can brighten teeth.
- They contain no fats.
- It takes 4-5 years for an Apple tree to produce it’s first fruit.
- Apples ripen faster when stored at room temperature than in refrigerator.
- Apples are a member of rose family.