Basic Requirements for Submission
- Articles/Papers should be written in a style comprehensible to readers outside the specialty of the article.
- Original thought and/or analysis of the subject should be presented in the paper to be published.
- Articles/Papers may be edited for clarity and grammatical accuracy, and will be copy-edited according to the journal’s style.
- Mathematical equations should be used sparingly. In justified cases up to three simple equations per page could be allowed.
- References should be included only to guide readers to more informative resources on the topic; the reference list should not include every available source. At least five references are recommended.
- Ideally articles/papers should be within 5000 words. Longer papers will be dealt on a case-by-case basis. Compact and precise writing is advised.
- Figures and tables should be provided as per the requirement. It should be properly aligned with the content of the word file/excel spreadsheet.
- Images used in the document must be owned by the author or must be used only with prior permission from theoriginal author. In case of copyright claims, the journals will have no option but to withdraw the paper and officially retract the electronic certificate provided for publication.
- An editable electronic file
– Include the abstract, biographies, and captions for tables and figures.
– A Microsoft Word file is mandatory as previously mentioned.
Manuscripts submitted for publication in IJR should normally be original work submitted exclusively to the journal. Author(s) need to mention in case of previous publication and a similar submission must not be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Double-blind review process
International Journal of Research uses a double-blind review process where the authors will not know the names of the reviewers of their papers and reviewers will not know the names of the authors of the papers that they are reviewing.
Authors are requested to take note of the following points to preserve their anonymity, while preparing a paper.
- Do not put your names under the title, it has to be in a separate abstract.
- Avoid using phrases such as “our previous work” when referring to earlier publications by the authors.
- Remove information that may identify the authors in the acknowledgments (e.g., co-workers and grant IDs).
- Check supplemental material (e.g., titles in the video clips, or supplementary documents) for information that may identify the author’s identity.
- Avoid providing links to websites that may identify the authors.
Paper formatting and templates
- For the main text, use Times New Roman, 12 point, 1.5 line spacing.
- For notes, use Times New Roman, 11 point, single line spacing. Set the alignment as “left”.
- Use double quotation marks for quotations, and single marks for quotations within quotations.
- Indent quotations of more than four lines, without quotation marks.
- For quotations from other publications, always provide page number(s) for the quotation.
The paper will be reviewed within two weeks and a response will be sent to the author within the same period. Publication of the papers that merit publication will be done in the forthcoming issue. In case our experts find that a paper does not meet the publication standards but is of scholarly merit, then our editors will get in touch with the author so that the paper/article can be improved as required for publication.
Copyright of the Paper
The author must be the owner of the copyright and be entitled to sign the Author Agreement. In submitting an article, the author complies with these conditions. In addition, the publisher reserves the right to re-referee and/or reject an accepted paper if the paper does not meet the criteria outlined in the review form or if the paper is in some other way deemed possibly unsuitable. If the Author wishes to abandon the review process or remove his/her article from elsewhere in the system before publication, the article must be formally withdrawn in writing before it can be submitted to another journal. Non-compliance with any of the above conditions may result in sanctions.
The submission cannot have been previously published in English (but see below regarding conference papers), nor can it be before another journal for consideration simultaneously.
– Papers published/presented in conference(s) may be submitted to the journal editors for consideration by mentioning the conference(s) in which the paper was presented/submitted and also the publications that were released as a part of such conference(s) which may contain the published paper.