PM Modi commits sacrifies of our soldier will not go in Vain

Satellite images of Galwan Valley, Ladakh

Addressing the nation on June 17, 2020, after the Ladakh’s Galwan Valley face-off between India and China at border PM Modi says that the deaths of our brave Soldiers will not waste.

PM Modi also warns China and said that India would not “compromise with its integrity and sovereignty” and will firmly defend its self-respect and every inch of land.

PM Modi pays tribute to the Martyrs 

On Monday night clash between India and China in Ladakh’s Galwan valley, which was the biggest confrontation over five decades, three personnel- an officer and 2 soldiers- died.

“During the de-escalation process underway in the Galwan Valley, a violent face-off took place on Monday night with casualties. The loss of lives on the Indian side includes an officer and two soldiers,” the Indian Army said in a brief statement.

Late on Tuesday evening, another statement from the army said: “17 Indian troops who were critically injured in the line of duty at the stand-off location and exposed to sub-zero temperatures in the high altitude terrain have succumbed to their injuries, taking the total of those killed in action to 20.”

Paying the tribute to Indian soldiers Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Wednesday that India is proud of the valour of our armed forces. They have always shown remarkable courage and steadfastly protected India’s sovereignty.

Asserting that the sacrifice of the army men will not go in vain, the Prime Minister said, “India is culturally a peace-loving country…We have always worked closely with our neighbors in a cooperative and friendly manner…We never provoke anyone…Whenever the time has come, we have demonstrated our power, proving our capabilities in protecting the integrity and sovereignty of the country.”

China tries to blame on India

In a telephonic conversation between the External Affair Minister Jaishankar and his Chinese counterpart Wang Wi, Jaishankar said that the Chinese side should reassess its actions and take corrective steps, the Ministry of External Affairs said.

“While this became a source of dispute, the Chinese side took premeditated and planned action that was directly responsible for the resulting violence and casualties,” the MEA said, giving details of the conversation.

After the conversation between the two Chinese foreign ministries issued a statement and said that ” India should conduct a thorough investigation, hold the violators accountable, strictly discipline the frontline troops and immediately stop all provocative acts to ensure such incidents will not occur again”.

The Chinese statement also said the two sides agreed to “cool down the situation on the ground as soon as possible” and maintain peace and tranquillity in the border area in accordance with the agreement reached so far between the two countries.

All the three forces on Alert

Meanwhile, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh held a high-level meeting with Chief of Defence Staff and three service chiefs following which all the frontline bases of the Indian army and Indian airforce were put on high alert in view of the clash, military sources said.

The Indian Navy has also been asked to raise its alert-level in the Indian Ocean Region where the Chinese Navy has been making regular forays.

The sources said the army has rushed in additional troops to all sensitive areas along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Arunachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, and Ladakh, and directed all the frontline bases to deal with any aggressive behavior by Chinese Army with a “firm” hand.