Learning is the process of acquiring new understanding,behaviour, knowledge,skills,values,attitudes, and preferences.Some learning is immediate, induced by a single event, but much skill and knowledge accumulates from repeated experiences.
Learning is not a education word. Human learning starts at birth and continues until death as a consequence of ongoing interactions between people and their environment. learning may occur as a result of habituation, operational conditions,classic conditions or as a result of more complex activities.Real learning is the ability to adopt what you know and know-how to do and adapt it under an everchanging variety of circumstances.
- There are 3 types of learning.
- Non-associative learning: It refers to “a relatively permanent change in the strength of response to a single stimulus.
- It includes habituation and senisization.
- Active learning: It occurs when a person takes control of their learning experience. Since understanding information is the key.Active learning is a key characteristic of student-centerd learning.
- Associate learning:Associative learning is the process by which a person or animal learns an association between two stimuli or events.
- It includes classic and operant conditioning.
Multimedia learning or e learning is the modern learning techniques. Multimedia learning is where a person can use both audible and visual stimuli to learn information.Electronic learning or e-learning is computer-enhanced learning. A specific and always more diffused e-learning is Mobile learning.When a learner interacts with the e-learning environment, it’s called Augmented learning. Augmented digital content may include text, images, video, audio.Nonformal learning is organized learning outside the formal learning system.
- The DOMAINS of learning is
- Cognitive: To recall, calculate, discuss, analyze, problem solve, etc.
- Psychomotor: To dance, swim, ski, dive, drive a car, ride a bike, etc.
- Affective: To like something or someone, love, appreciate, fear, hate, worship, etc.
- Transfer of learning is the application of skill, knowledge or understanding to resolve a novel problem or situation.
- Machine learning, a branch of AI, concerns the construction and study of systems that can learn from data
Factors of affecting learning: Status of students: Physical and home conditions also matter.hereditary: learners are rich in hereditary endowment while others are poor. Each student is unique and has different abilities.Physical environment: The design, quality, and setting of a learning space such as a school or classroom.Goals or purposes,Motivational behavior,Guidance,Interest, Learning activities,Attention are some influences of learning.