One day you will want to make a fresh start and change your life, to give up everything that made you feel unhappy: old acquaintances, outdated relationships and work that you hate and that doesn’t give you any prospects. You decide to take a bold step – moving to another city. It can be anywhere. It can be two hundred kilometers from your native town or even two thousand kilometers – in another country. It’s important to consider carefully all the pros and cons before taking any significant steps.
If it’s impossible to work in your city, you can always move to another place with more prospects.
So, you have decided that it is time to leave your native town and search for a more promising job in another city.
Make certain that you need these changes
Decide where exactly you want to go. Read some criteria and make the right choice:
- Think if you have any friends or relatives in the chosen city. They can guarantee you at least minimum support at a new place. It’s good to have someone you can ask for help in an unknown city.
- Will you be able to find any job corresponding to your qualification in this city?
- What prospects will open to you after moving to another city? If this city offers you the same prospects which you have in your native town, will it be reasonable to move? Especially if you have your own property in your locality. Moving to another city is a responsible step; it must be justified.
Estimate the market of job offers
Use jobsora.com to search job offers in the city you are interested in. Review the offers, salaries, conditions, requirements. Think about whether you are able to find an apartment in the right area, what portion of your salary you will have to pay for rent. Find as many options as possible to estimate all the possibilities at once.
It’s good if you know which company you would like to work for. Then you can search for a job in all the cities where the offices of this company are located.
Perhaps initially you will be able to work remotely, and if everything is all right, you will be able to make a decision to move.
Send out your CV, wait for the interview
- Specify in your CV what city you would like to work in and that you are ready to move to another city.
- Tell why you decided to move to another city in your cover letter. Emphasize that it’s a mature decision of an ambitious person.
- Make a Skype interview if possible. It will be more convenient to communicate with employers on Skype in order not to go to another city for interviews.
Try to get the support from your relatives and go ahead!
Even when you’re ready to move, it can be difficult to leave everything and move to another city. But if you’ve made a decision — go ahead! Especially if you’ve found exactly what you were looking for.
It’s great if your beloved ones support you. If you have a family, it won’t be easy for them too. But you will definitely manage to cope with difficulties together. If your family is against your moving, try to convince your beloved ones. Tell them about the prospects that are waiting for you in a new place, about the opportunities that will open to you. Make them believe in yourself.
Here are eight motivating phrases which will help you to make decisions:
- If you do something you don’t like, you’re wasting your time.
- A goal without a plan is just a dream.
- Opportunities come along once. Create them yourself.
- Accept what you cannot change, change what you cannot accept.
- A perfect time will never come.
- Don’t put off till tomorrow what you can do today.
- Everything is possible. You only require more time to do impossible.
- If plan ” A ” doesn’t work, remember that there are still many letters in the alphabet.
Look for the best and find “your place”! Jobsora.com knows that you can do everything! All you need to do is believe in yourself and start acting!