Master of Business Administration or MBA is one of the most popular post-graduate programmes in India.The two-year programme is a gateway to job opportunities in the corporate world.Admissions to all MBA college typically take place through an admission test(CAT).The qualifying exam is usually followed by a second level screening round that could be a group discussion or a personal interview (accounting for more than 50%)conducted by the college that the student has qualified for.
Importance- The most crucial stage of MBA admission is Group discussion and Personal Interview (PI).It is the final round test of your verbal communication skill, presence of mind and how do you present your views and knowledge skillfully to convince the experts who are interviewing you. It also tests your stress management skill, ability to work under pressure and decisive skills.
PI consists of-
The personal interview panel consists of 3-4 business experts of respective organization.
- Duration- 15-20 minutes
- Subject Matter-about yourself,educational details, work experience, current affairs and interests.
Tips for PI-
- Student must stay calm and confident.
- Greet the panelists with a warm welcome smile.
- If you are not sure about an answer, be humble and tell them that you don’t know the answer.
- Respecting others’ views and showing your point will win you points in the PI round.
- The honest approach during the interview also makes the given responses natural and genuine.
- Review your application.
- Practice answering questions aloud before the Interview.
- Be yourself.
- Walk into the Interview with an air of confidence and professionalism.
Interviewers can easily make out ambiguous or inconsistent answers. Be practical in answering the questions.
Topics to prepare for PI-
- Tell us something about yourself.
- Why do you think should we give you admission in our college?
- Tell us about your key strengths and skills.
- What are your long term goals?
- Why MBA? What do you want to do after an MBA?
- Tell us about your hobbies and interests.
- How will you define your personality?
- How do you deal with failures?
- As a leader, what would you advise to your fellow team members?
- Questions on your graduation subjects.
- Your personal take and views on Social Media.
- Current events and situation.
- About Indian economy.
Convey to the interview panel that your career choice(s) is a result of a rational and informed decision. Your answer could be upon four main areas:
- Career Objectives: Talk about your career aim. Relate it to how the two-year MBA program will help you achieve them.
- Value Addition: Mention how your knowledge and skills will develop.
- Background: Connect your past to your future. For example, engineering students can mention how the MBA course and engineering degree will help them technically and professionally.
- Opportunities and Rewards: Mention about the promising opportunities and monetary rewards you could enjoy as a management graduate.
Students must improve their communication skills, keep updated to latest information. All over personality and intelligence is measured in personal interview and those who masters, is selected.I hope this article must be helpful for aspirants of mba….