Writing research paper is an academic assignment because you are writing for the students; their marks depend on how you write. These days there are specialized academic writers and many who are aspiring to become one. Grammar is the heart of any language and any sort of writing. It goes without saying that even for academic research papers, grammar plays an important role.
The students Google for finding out reputed online academic writing services for the best quality work. Are you an academic writer or run a group of writers? If yes, then this article will be of much help. While writing a paper there are three things that play a very important role, the choosing of the topic, grammar, and spelling and coping resources. But today we shall focus on ways to avoid grammar mistakes in the paper.
There is a thin line of difference between writing English and writing English correctly. Before you sit to prepare a research thesis, make sure you have studied grammar well. Write it so correctly that you don’t have to sit for hours while editing the document. First, you need to know how to write grammatically correct sentences and then rely on grammar checking tools online. There are many Google grammar checker freeware is fantastic but keep these in mind:
- Prepositions – It’s not good to end a sentence with a preposition. Yes, it’s not a rule while writing English but a sentence ending with a preposition is considered as an ill-structured sentence and highly incorrect. Prepositions must be linked to phrases, nouns, and pronouns in a sentence. While writing a paper in lucid English you should use all the common prepositions appropriately.
- Comma – never use a comma to join two different clauses and instead use a semi-colon. This way the sentence looks and reads better, very correct.
- No repetition – Try not using the same work more than once in a sentence and take care that you don’t repeat any specific word too many times in the article. Instead, use synonyms so that the paper does not sound monotonous.
- Punctuations along with quotations – While framing a sentence, you can use the punctuation inside or outside the quotation. This is judged by whether the punctuation is a part of the quote or not.
- Its versus It’s – This is a thing which most fail to understand and it’s sometimes confusing as well. But, it’s a rule of grammar and must be implemented correctly. The best way is to remember that ‘it’s’ is a short
- Nouns and Pronouns – Please ensure all the countable nouns are used along with accurate determiners and the uncountable ones are implemented in the singular. Pronouns can act like nouns so do a proofreading to make sure whether you have used any pronoun that does not agree with the noun it’s linked.
These are some of the common grammar instruction but there are more to add to the list. Writing and more writing makes you perfect while you can also use a checking tool after a paper is completed which is absolutely accurate. Here are the 5 best online proofreaders that are the ruling the market. Take a look:
- Grammarly – It’s the best online grammar checking tool, it’s a writers soul mate because it proofreads flawlessly. If you search Google, it’s voted the best where a free version is available and you can upgrade to premium anytime. It checks the grammar, proofreads and also detects plagiarism. So, you can call it a combination package. The free version is so effective that writers from all parts of the world use it with ease. It’s easy to install on the desktop and you also have the Grammarly app.
Here’s the Grammarly Review to learn more.
- Ginger software – Ginger simply polishes your writing to a great extent. Yes, it’s true that the advanced feature has a lot more but the free one is quite good for a simple grammar check.
- PolishMyWriting – This tool detects errors very easily and they use different colors to detect mistakes. The red color is used to detect spelling mistakes, the green color detects grammatical mistakes and the blue color gives writing suggestions.
- Slick Write – Slick Write is a super professional free online proofreading tool. The errors are recovered and the tool also does an analysis of the research paper you have prepared and offers suggestions needed to sharpen the writing skills.
- SpellChecker – The SpellChecker is a tool that allows you to proofread your articles in different languages. It checks the whole blog for errors and does the necessary recovery.
Forget grammar error and keep writing successful research papers.