We all know that most, if not all android devices, are not complete without the Google Play Store. The reason is that it is android’s official store to get secure applications in their numbers, hence making it a vital stop shop in our lives. You can find content on Google Play Store at term paper easy.
The app is not limited to buying and downloading apps only. There are tons of things you can do with the store that can help in managing all the applications that we download in our smart devices. Some of the tricks are listed below;
- Backing up previously installed Applications
The backup and restore options in Google Play Store allows the users to re-install the applications on a brand new gadget that were previously installed on another device by the same user. The backed up data is kept on Google Drive provisions. Before backing up your data, make sure you enable the option in your device. Here is how one can easily do it;
- Go to the device settings
- Select Google
- Tap on Backup
- Set the Backup to Google Drive
- Memorize the Google account you will use for the backup
- The data is saved and it is possible to restore in any device using the same Google account.
Google Play Store lets you install apps from previously backed up data, and only the applications will be restored, not app data.
- Save Internet Data
Most smartphone users usually feel uneasy with their data or internet packages, and due to this, they tend to find ways of saving bundles while installing or updating phone applications. Heavy apps like games installations or updates tend to use more data and may finish the data before hitting the required task or date of expiry.
The solution to this is to toggle the settings of download preferences, auto-play videos, apps that auto-update, which consume data without the permission of the user. Here is the way you can tackle the situation;
- Open Google Play and hit the settings icon.
- Go to general settings section and find the following options:
- Application download preference > toggle to over WiFi only
- Auto-update applications > toggle to Don’t auto-update apps
- Auto-play videos > toggle to ‘Don’t auto-play videos
The settings allow downloads to take place when there is a WiFi connection to your device.
- Parental Control/ restricting inappropriate downloads
There are numerous apps on the internet these days. There are others with copyright and age restrictions, which means that parents should take measures towards kids that are under age to avoid them misusing apps on the store. The feature allows parents to set up a password restriction to a number of apps before they get downloaded. Here is the way to restrict your child from accessing some of the apps:
- Launch Google Play Store and select menu option to the top left section on the screen.
- Hit settings and move to parental control
- You will then Toggle button to ON
- Set PIN
- Select the things to be restricted or downloaded.
- Test the new apps before they are released.
Most developers nowadays roll out new applications or features in apps before the official release date to get feedback from the public. The user gets the chance to try out these apps by joining beta programs or early access. Some of the apps made available before release date may develop crashes while others limit the number of people that can access the apps. If the spaces are all occupied, a prompt message saying ‘full’ will reach the user. If you are interested in joining an early access app, here are the steps to follow;
- Launch Google Play Store app
- Choose “early access” at the top bar
- Look for an app allowing you early access and install the app
- Use the app and give your feedback.
- Download the Play Store Apps from a computer
Users can download applications on smartphone devices using the Google Play Store PC versions. You can do this by logging into your Google account on your PC, and head to the play store web platform. Locate the app you want and install. Afterward, look for a menu list having all the gadgets connected to the account and select the android device you want the app installed.