Hello everyone Today, I am going to discuss the Pink City. From the title, you all must have known about which city I am going to tell. The city is nor other than Jaipur-The Pink City.
Jaipur is known as the Pink City the largest city of Rajasthan in India. Jaipur was founded in 1727, by the Rajput ruler Jai Singh II, who was the ruler of Amer. The city name happened by the Rajput ruler Jai Singh II. Jaipur is known as Pink City because of the dominant color scheme of its building. It is a particularly popular tourist section. Jaipur has grand places and haveli which is surrounded by mighty fortresses which make Jaipur a welcome respite from high rise malls and urban living. Jaipur is the most famous tourist destination forming a part of the Golden Triangle.
Jaipur is also popular for its ancient beauty which is enclosed by colorful markets, and their events. In Jaipur, you can find fascinating cityscape which is completely covered in a smooth, glowing shade of blush, and that depends on the sunset of each evening.
In Jaipur, there are many festivals like:-
1. Elephant Festival:- Every year in February and March, the Elephant festival is celebrated. In this Elephant, Polo and Elephant dances are the highlight of this festival. The city brings over the six and a half million people with a diverse array of backgrounds.
2. Kite Festival:- In every year, January 14 is celebrated as Kite Festival. The Kite Festival brings the contrast of bold colors in the sky. In every year the kites fly in the sky which makes the sky more beautiful than other days. In the daytime sky is a full of Kites, whereas, in the night, the fireworks glow the sky with light. This lovely festival marks a transition of the sun from Sagittarius to Capricorn.
3. Teej Festival:- In the month of late July and early August, this joyful festival brightens the Jaipur street with parade of color and sound. This Festival is focused on the story of the reunion of Lord Shiva and Parvati after 100 years. In this festival married women pray for the long life of their husbands.
4. Gangaur Fair:- This festival is celebrated in Spring for the goddess of abundance Gauri. In this festival, the young girl prays for their future husband while the married women pray for there husband for long life.
So this was a famous festival in Jaipur city.
Let see the most famous places in Jaipur City to witness the beauty of the city.
1. Hawa Mahal:- The most romantic Pink fortresses was originally built in 1799 for the ladies of the royal household. It is made up of 152 windows into rounded balconies which showing the beauty of Rajput architecture. In every sunset, it displays the statues the relics, and other historical memorials.
2. Jantar Mantar:- Jantar Mantar is one of the most lookout located in the heart of Jaipur. Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II executed the whole idea of making Jantar Mantar.
3.City palace:- City palace is the centerpiece of Jaipur city and the heart of founder Jai Singh II leave. City palace is the combination of Rajput, Mughal and European styles which are made with highly trained architectural care. It showcases the historical monuments and art from the city and region.
4.Albert Hall Museum:- It is an industrial Art Exhibition which is located near the city center. This museum presents the history and arts of Jaipur and Rajasthan.
So these are famous places in Jaipur. So these are analyses why Jaipur is known as the Pink City.
There are some facts about Jaipur which will definitely will make you surprise.
First Jaipur has the most expensive hotels in India. The most famous hotel in Jaipur is The Raj Palace Hotel which is about US$ 50,000.
Second Jaipur is the only city that organizes the largest free festival in the whole world.
Third Jaipur is not only known for monuments but also for handicrafts and beautiful jewelry.
Fourth. it is the most photographed place in India.
So these are some facts about Jaipur.
If you all like this article let me know. Let me know in the comments what do you think about Jaipur!
Thank you for reading this and have a nice day!